His royal highness prince Salman bin Abdul-Aziz was born in Riyadh in 5/10/1354H corresponding to 31/12/1935.
He received his early education in the princes school in Riyadh which was established by king Abdul-Aziz – may Allah rest his soul – in 1356H to education his sons. His highness studied in it the religious and modern sciences and concluded the holy Quran in this school and celebrated for that on Sunday 12/8/1346H. This school was managed by sheikh Abdullah Khayyat – may Allah rest his soul - speaker and Imam in the holy mosque.
On Tuesday 11/7/1373H corresponding to 16/3/1654D, his highness was appointed prince of Riyadh region by delegation.
On Monday 25/8/1374H corresponding to 18/4/1955, the royal order number 5/10/2/1424 was issued to appoint him Riyadh prince at minister rank.
On Sunday 7/7/1380H corresponding to 25/12/1960D, his highness resigned from Riyadh principality and his resignation was approved by the royal order number 40 in 7/7/1380H.
On Monday 10/9/1382H corresponding to 4/2/1963, his highness was appointed as a prince of Riyadh once again as per the royal order number 46 at the same date.
The human works captures his highness concern since 1956D as he headed a number of primary and local committees and organizations to gather donations to help poor people and those harmed by floods, earthquakes, and disasters in Arab and Islamic worlds and support the Islamic world issues and advocate Muslims in any place.
First: The associations and organizations headed by his highness and which have activities and tasks outside the kingdom:
• Chairman of the donation committee for Suez afflicted people in 1956D.
• Chairman of the primary committee of gathering donations for Algeria in 1956D.
• Chairman of the public committee for helping Jordan martyrs families in 1967D.
• Chairman of the public committee for helping the Palestinian people.
• Chairman of the public committee for helping Pakistan afflicted people in 1973D in the wakes of the war between India and Pakistan which resulted in human losses.
• Chairman of the public committee for supporting the military effort in Egypt in the wakes of the war اندلاع between Egypt and Israel in 1973D.
• Chairman of the public committee for supporting the military effort in Syria in the wakes of the war اندلاع between Syria and Israel in 1973D.
• Chairman of the public association for receiving donations for Afghan fighters in 1980D.
• Chairman of the local committee for helping floods afflicted people in Sudan in 1988D.
• Chairman of the local committee for gathering donations for the democratic republic of Yemen in 1989H.
• Chairman of the local committee for providing aids, support, and assistance to Kuwaitis after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990D.
• Chairman of the local committee for receiving the donations for people afflicted from floods in Bangladesh in 1991D.
• Chairman of the executive association for gathering donations for Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1992D.
• Chairman of the executive association for gathering donations for people afflicted by Egypt earthquake in 1992D.
• Executive chairman of the kingdom fair between yesterday and today which was held in many Arab and European countries and in the United States and Canada 1985/1992D.
• Chairman of the executive committee for gathering donations for Jerusalem uprising at Riyadh region 2000D/ 1421H.
Second: The associations and organizations headed by his highness and which have activities and tasks at the internal level in the kingdom:
• Chairman of the executive association for developing Riyadh.
• Chairman of the executive committee for developing Al-Daraeya.
• Chairman of the board of directors of the history center of Mecca and medina.
• General supervisor of king Fahd national library.
• Chairman if the board of directors of king Abdul-Aziz villa.
• General secretary of king Abdul-Aziz Islamic organization.
• Chairman of the executive committee and the preparatory committee for celebrating the passing of 100 years on establishing the kingdom of Saudi Arabia which was established in 5/10/1419.
• Honorary chairman of prince Salman social center.
• Honorary chairman of the board of directors of Riyadh reconstruction company.
• Honorary chairman of the patients friends committee at Riyadh region.
• Honorary chairman of the red crescent friends committee at Riyadh region.
• Founder and executive chairman of prince Salman center for handicap researches.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi center for organs transplantation.
• Honorary chairman of prince Salman center for kidney diseases.
• Chairman of the board of directors of prince Fahd bin Salman association for renal failure patients.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi charity association for genetic diseases.
• Honorary chairman of the adults mobility handicap association.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi association for hearing and communication diseases.
• Honorary chairman of the blind people charity association at Riyadh region.
• Chairman of the coordinating council of charity associations working at Riyadh region.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi association for the holy Quran and its sciences.
• Chairman of prince Salman award for holy Quran memorization for boys and girls at the kingdom level.
• Honorary chairman of Hamad Al-Jaser charity association.
• Chairman of the board of directors of Riyadh charity association for sciences and its affiliations (prince Sultan public university / prince Salman science oasis).
• Chairman of the board of directors of Al-Berr association and its branches in Riyadh. It is a charity concerned with gathering zakat and alms from charitable people and delivering them to those who deserve them for the principle of social integration and solidarity.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi historical association.
• Honorary chairman of the social responsibility council in Riyadh.
• Chairman of the executive committee for king Saud university endowments.
• Chairman of the board of directors of prince Salman association for charity housing.
• Chairman of the board of directors of the charity association for orphans care at Riyadh region.
• Chairman of bin Baz charity project for helping those want to marry.
• Chairman of the board of trustees of Abdul-Aziz bin Baz charity association.
• Chairman of the board of trustees of prince Salman bin Abdul-Aziz award for young businessmen.
• Honorary chairman of the Saudi libraries and information association.
• Chairman of the board of directors of Riyadh center of competitiveness which is concerned with increasing Riyadh competitiveness and improving the administrative work level in it.
The orders obtained by his highness:
• His highness has king Abdul-Aziz cordon from the first class which is considered the highest order in kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• His highness obtained an order on the occasion of the passage of two thousand years since the establishment of Paris city. President Jacques Chirac awarded him the order in Paris in 1985D.
• His highness obtained the intellectual efficiency order as Algeria king, Al-Hasan the second, awarded him the order in Casablanca in 1989D.
• His highness obtained the award of the handicapped children association in Saudi Arabia for human service in 1995D.
• His highness obtained the golden order of Bosnia and Herzegovina for his support and efforts to liberate Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Bosnian president awarded him the order in Riyadh in March 1997D.
• His highness obtained the United nations shield for reducing poverty effects in the world in 1997D.
• His highness obtained Jerusalem star order in 1998D. The Palestinian president Yasser Arafat awarded him the order in a celebration in the regimen palace in Riyadh. This order is considered an appreciation of what his highness did of exceptional actions showing the sacrifice and courage in the Palestinian people service.
• His highness obtained (sectona) order in 1999D and it is considered the highest order in republic of Philippine. The Filipino president Joseph Estrada awarded him the order during His highness visit to Philippine in April for his significant contribution to the human activities, for his support of the charity associations and his efforts in raising and improving the Islamic culture concept, and for the many times in which his highness helped the Filipino employment in the kingdom and for his friendship with Philippine.
• His highness obtained the largest order which is considered the superior order in the republic of Senegal. The Senegalese president / Abdou Diouf awarded his highness the order during his highness visit to Senegal in July 1999D.
• His highness obtained the Yemen unity order from the second class in Safar 1422H / May 2001D. The Yemen president/ Ali Abdullah Saleh awarded him the order during his highness visit to Yemen – Aden.
• His highness obtained Baden-Powell scout fellowship by his majesty the king of Sweden Carl Justav the sixteenth in Safar 1429H / February 2008D.
• His highness obtained Bahrain award for the human work for the gulf cooperation council in Safar 1429H / February 2008D.
• His highness obtained the honorary doctorate in arts from Umm Al-Qura University in Mecca as an appreciation and recognition of his great role in arts in 21 Rabi-Awal 1429H corresponding to 29 March 2008D.
• His highness obtained the international Olympiad award of the middle east and south Africa region in Muharram 1431H corresponding to December 2009D. it is the highest award and was given to him for his efforts in serving the handicapped people in the kingdom and encouraging the scholar research in the handicap field.
• His highness obtained the Bosnian order for the Islamic grants from the first class in Safar 1431H corresponding to January 2010D as an appreciation of his highness efforts in Islam and Muslims advocacy in Bosnia and Herzegovina. His eminence chief scholar and the public mufti in Bosnia and Herzegovina dr. Mustafa Tseretsh awarded his highness the order in his highness office in Riyadh principality.
• His highness obtained the honorary doctorate from the Islamic university in Delhi in 29 Rabi Thani 1431H corresponding to 14 April 2010D. He was awarded this order during his formal visit to India for his human charity efforts and his commitment o support education and his uniqueness as a statesman.
• His highness obtained “Cant” medal in 19/6/1431H corresponding to 2/5/2010D. “Berlin Brandenburg academy for science” awarded his this medal for his highness contributions in the sciences field and this during his highness formal visit to Germany.
• His highness obtained the honorary doctorate in the Saudi country history from the Islamic university in Medinah in 24 Rabi-Thani 1432H corresponding to 29 March 2011D for the distinct efforts and grants in maintaining the great Saudi history and for observing his different effects in various fields.